Thursday, August 24, 2006

...............in the beginning.

Wow, my first posting! I've always wanted to start a blog, but didn't think that I would have anything very interesting to say. I guess it really doesn't matter - what does matter is that you are expressing your thoughts, whatever they may be. All of you that know me are sure of one thing - I've got an opinion on most everything. I love to talk politics and solve our country's problems. My opinions are a mix of left wing liberal to mid-register (band talk) conservative values. I like a little bit of everything (although rap music - did I say music? - does not fit into that statement). I try to respect others opinions and beliefs. I try not to seem better than the other guy, because I'm not. We all have the right to believe and be what we want (within the limits of our society's laws). I believe in the persuit of happiness, and hope that everyone is doing something to get themselves to that point of happiness in our great nation. I have devoted my professional life to public service as a teacher in the North Carolina public school system. I feel that I have done some good here. Teachers have the opportunity to provide many great opportunities to the youth of America. As fouled-up as it seems sometimes, the public school system in America is the best in the world! I truly believe that, and I am a proud participant in this system. I have a beautiful family that you will hear alot about in the coming postings. My wife, Lisa, is an elementary teacher who is currently pursuing a Master's Degree in Educational Technology (I'm sure she will help me with my blog from time to time). My daughters, Megan and Lauren, are both students at the high school were I work. My wife and children are the center of my life. I am a United Methodist Church member, and I direct the choir at my church. I have strong religious convictions. I'll let this posting serve as an introduction for myself. I hope to share more thoughts with you as time progresses. I welcome your comments and look forward to working on this blog.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Josh said...

welcome to the blogsosphere! unfortunately some of your hobbies like lining off the practice field and straightening chairs will limit your ability to give your full attention to your blog. good luck, though!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Straight chairs are a lifestyle. Lining off the practice field is just for fun.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog :) god bless you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home