Tuesday, August 29, 2006

..........going, going, gone!!!

Well, today it happened - I went down in class! For the first time since we have been here at the new high school, I went down. I was on the field directing the marching band rehearsal. I normally wear a wireless headset to communicate by way of the portable loud speaker system (the Long Ranger). I often start talking to the students while I am backing away from the group and going up a small hill where I can see and hear them better. There was a one-man blocking dummy that the football team left in my path from the day before - need I say more? I had not even hit the ground before I heard the laughter from all of the 96 members! I heard things like; "I've wondered when that was going to happen";"serves him right". At any rate, it made for a great day for most of the band. Life does come at you fast!!! Now for my next trick...........

2 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Josh said...

did you curse?

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Scott said...

oddly enough, i did not curse. it all happened too fast to react. stupid blocking dummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home