Friday, November 02, 2007


..........hang on,
.......as I stoop yet to another all time low. Yes, I'm posting about Britney Spears!!!!! I saw this on Headline News this morning, and thought it was just about as wasteful and ridiculous as it gets. "How did I get there (quoting Glenn Beck)?" Well, I was talking to a fellow teacher of mine yesterday about traveling and just doing fun things with our families. He was sharing with me how he and his wife have not gone on a trip, not even a weekend together, since their children were born. He said the biggest reason was the lack of money to do so. Everything they made was spent housing, insuring, clothing, feeding, etc. the family. It's a shame that they actually can't just "get away" for a little time together; but, that's the way it is in their case. We have been more fortunate with being able to fund some special vacations for our family (we only have two children, and both Lisa and I work). Now to my original point. It just irritates me to see really fine folks, like my co-worker, not being able to enjoy some of these special times with his wife and family; and to see the likes of Britney Spears spit all of her money into the wind! Here's what I'm talking about: Britney Spears spends almost all of the $737,000 she makes A MONTH, and doesn't invest or save anything! Here are some of her monthly expenses, according to papers in her custody battle:
$49,267 in mortgage payments
$16,000 for clothes (bad taste is that expensive? meow!)
$102,000 on entertainment, gifts and vacation
$4,758 on dining out (but we always see her at the drive-thru)
$16,000 for child support
$20,000 for alimony payments
$0 on education, savings and investments
$500 in charitable contributions.
Wow, now that's what I call planning for one's future! What if she suddenly became "not so important" in the entertainment industry? Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing - she hasn't been important for some time now; and she hasn't even the slightest idea what is coming her way like a mile-long speeding freight train! No worry; we'll be able to see it all on an E True Hollywood Story in the very near future.
In closing, I apologize "up front" for this post. Please don't think less of me for doing it. No, I really don't care what happens in Britney Spears' life. I just thought it was a little more interesting than another Dick Cheney post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home