Monday, March 31, 2008

..........personal injury!

There's a lot to be said for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'll start this off by an admission that I deserved most of what I got in this story. Anyway, it all began as we were on our way to Disney World for Spring Break last week. I know you won't believe this; but, I can be a pest to my wife. Lisa was driving and I was in the navigation seat. Since our journey began right after church on Easter, we brought along the chocolate Easter bunnies to satisfy the sweet cravings during the drive. Somewhere in South Carolina, Lisa asked the girls for one of the Dove chocolate bunnies. I really like Dove chocolate. These things were packaged in some really stiff aluminum foil. Lisa began to tear away at the foil as I continued to aggravate her - you know, driving advice and the like. The bunnies have been in the car for a while and were soft, with some of the chocolate on the foil. Lisa had enough of my mouth and constant picking. She took the foil with some chocolate on it and swiped it across my forehead. She thought chocolate on my head would be funny. It probably would have been; but the hard foil sliced my head open instead! I was bleeding from the head! I told Lisa we needed to stop and get some stitches. In fact, I was confident that my skull was probably showing in the deep wound. Actually, it was a small cut and the bleeding stopped in about five minutes.

The story doesn't end there. Yesterday, Lisa and I went over to her school to carry some stuff in for her upcoming Book Fair. Now for a little more background knowledge. Lisa lost one of her last contact lenses yesterday morning and had to wear her glasses. She really looks great in her glasses and I asked why she didn't wear them more often. She told me that her depth perception really suffered when the glasses were worn. Back to the beginning of the story. We're now at Lisa's school with the back door of the Explorer up, and gathering the Wal Mart bags from the back. I was just pulling away from the door with the final bag in hand when, wham!!! Suddenly the door hits me on the top of the head and down to the pavement I go! At this point drinks are going everywhere and I'm trying to figure out what has happened. It seems the 'ole depth perception got the best of us.

Lisa really felt bad about the door incident, but I'm sure there was a little laugh going on inside once she knew I was okay. I milked it a little throughout the day. I stood up once and claimed that I was feeling dizzy. I also asked about the two objects on the counter when I knew there was only one. I guess I'm setting myself up for another accident, huh?

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Josh said...

you should sue dove! but sue for a lifetime supply of their dark chocolate. are they the same ones that make dove soap? anyway, sounds like something i would do to bug megan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home