Thursday, April 03, 2008

..........I hate it when....

1. .....people reach onto the middle of a roll of paper towels with wet hands. I have a wall mounted paper towel roll in the band room music library just over the sink. After I wash my hands, I always pull some excess paper towel down so the next person can grab onto a towel with ease, while not getting any other towels wet. I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT DOES THIS!!!! It makes me soooo mad when someone reaches into the middle of the roll with wet hands. No one else wants to use a towel that has water from your hands on it.

2. .....rednecks won't turn on their headlights in the rain, dusk, or early morning. These idiots just turn on the parking lights. What's the deal? Why not turn that one extra click so that we can all see you!

3. .....people talk on their mobile phones while attempting to conduct a transaction of some sort. I was at Lisa's school the other day while she was hosting a book fair. Kids and their parents come into the school library to buy books and such. While this mom was purchasing books for her kid, the mobile phone rang. She answered it and carried on the conversation while she was paying for the books - unacceptable!!!!!! I also got behind some idiot woman in the bank drive-through the other day who was talking on her phone while "attempting" to carry on her transaction. It took forever for her to get her stuff together and get the hell out of my way! I can't stand it when people talk on phones in restaurants and other public places. I just think one should talk on the mobile phone in a more private place; in other words, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR CONVERSATIONS! Sorry ladies, but about 98% of these infractions are a result of bad judgement from your gender group.

4. .....people come from another direction to the fast food drive through line, and expect me to let them in the line when there are clearly others waiting behind me. This really aggravates me. Who do these people think they are? There is a clear path to follow and the line does form to the rear - enough said! I got a dirty look at Hardee's the other day when I wouldn't allow a woman to enter the line in front of me. There were five other vehicles behind me. What makes her think that she should be special?

5. .....people tell me after a band performance; "Oh, these kids are soooo talented." Are you kidding? If these people were to suddenly have to live or die based on their talent, there wouldn't be enough students to form a quartet! No, it's the result of a lot of blood, sweat, and tears on my part that these kids perform well. I usually don't get to bent out of shape about this; because, the general public is pretty stupid and mainly musically illiterate. As students get lazier and lazier, it gets to me more often. Side note: three years until retirement!

Okay, that's enough for now. I just had to blow off a little steam. Let me know if you share my grief, and what your special "I hate it when.........." is.

1 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The intersection of 221 Bypass and 163 (near McDonalds) is the one and only intersection in the county that pisses me off. If one is traveling on the four lane towards the bypass and wants to turn left onto the bypass from the four lane (from McDonalds to the high school/Wal-Mart), he must wait in a ridiculously long line. The line takes forever to move because when someone gets to the front of the line, he must wait for the car in front of him to make the complete left turn and be on his way down 221. Then he turns. Then it is the next guy's turn--he waits until car 2 gets all the way over to 221 and down the road a bit. Why can't we all just follow at a safe distance that way more than one car can be making the turn at the same time?!

You think people talking on their phones while making a transaction is bad? How about when the cashier himself/herself is talking on the phone while checking you out? That makes me mad.

I also hate it when people approach me and say, "Hey, how are you?" Then I respond, "I'm great, how are you?" ....and by that time they've walked away. They didn't care how I was. Why did they ask in the first place? I tried to be courteous and they didn't care about that either.

Finally, I hate it when these redneck idiots (probably from ACHS) pull up beside me at a red light in their monster trucks (the truck itself is worth about $2000 while the accessories, tires, tint, paint, decals, exhausts, etc. are worth $15000). After they pull up beside me, they "rev" their engines and start yelling as if they want to race me in my BMW. Listen...I've already had three tickets. I need no more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home