Wednesday, May 02, 2007


..........has anyone seen this person???
It's Spring in the High Country of North Carolina. That would usually bring to mind clear, clean air with a hint of the fragrance of flowers. No, it means the smell of air filled with smoke from idiots who are burning brush, etc. Not a day has gone by for the past two weeks when the smoke hasn't choked me in the afternoon. Now, why the picture? The sound of fire whistles split the serenity of mountain life yesterday afternoon and I thought, "I bet Matt is all over this." Matt is active in the volunteer fire dept and would always tell Josh and me about all the calls to the fire dept. At any rate, I haven't seen this guy in months! What gives? For years I couldn't turn around without him being there. Josh and I never ate lunch alone. It was as if we had our own valet. I really think he got to the point where he could sense what we needed done before we actually gave the instructions (you know, like Radar on M.A.S.H.) Since his graduation, I have even become accustomed to going to the refridgerator for myself. Wow, the good 'ole days - a hand delivered Blue Bunny yogurt and a Diet SunDrop to wash it down. One thing cannont be replaced - the clean, unobstructed sound of a good cowbell beat!!! (picture is courtsey of Josh Photography)

3 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Josh said...

he's been gone a long time. i miss the days of being waited on...

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Megan said...

josh told me i needed to look at your blog before i went to be. i have to admit i started laughing as soon as the picture appeared. ah, the good old days of matt. he always knew what was going on. if i couldn't find you or josh to ask a question i knew he had the answer or new exactly where you guys were.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Yeah, I thought you guys would enjoy the pic. I found it saved in a special folder on my computer. There are also some pics of a young Isabella in there. And yes, "the good 'ole days".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home