Friday, April 06, 2007

..........it's Eastertide.

Sorry, but no Friday Funnies today - it's Good Friday. I'm looking forward to our service tonight. We had Maundy Thursday service last night and I was very moved with the theme of the service and the scripture. Listening to the scripture, I tried to imagine that there is Jesus having the Last Supper with his Disciples. He knew that this was the end. He was going to go to a certain horrible and painful death. He was going to suffer for all those who would follow him. He also knew that someone very close to him would betray him. The love and grace of God is the Eastertide. I am so very thankful for this sacrifice. I hope all of you choose to worship this weekend and celebrate the great love of God our Father during Easter. God gave his only begotten son for us that we may have everlasting life through the love and grace of Jesus Christ. The Lord be with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home