Monday, April 02, 2007


..........my favorite president.
I know what you're thinking. How can Ronald Reagan be his favorite president after some of the Republican blasting that he has done in the past couple of months? It's simple; Ronald Reagan is the epitome of the "true leader". Ronald Reagan started with nothing except a dream to achieve something in his life. He came from a less than adequate home life and earned his way through the opportunities provided by America. Ronald Reagan lived the true American Dream. I voted for Ronald Reagan twice, with the upmost confidence that I was doing the right thing. He did not let my expectations down in any way, shape, or form; in fact, he exceeded the requirements of president. Ronald Reagan brought back pride in America after some hard times (the Vietnam War, Watergate, the Iran Hostage Crisis), and made us all want to be better Americans. I will have to say, President Reagan is one of the reasons I joined the Army in the fall of 1982. He made Americans want to serve and beat the spread of Communism. How did he do it, and where have others since him gone wrong? Ronald Reagan was a communicator. He could make you feel at ease or stir you to act when it was necessary. No president since has been able to achieve his status on that point. I may be wrong, but I never felt he was out of control. He seemed to always have his hand firmly on the wheel. Again, how can I not like Dick Cheney or Donald Rumsfeld - they worked in the Reagan administration? At the time, both were doing as they were told. Not everyone has the leadership qualities of a man such as Ronald Reagan. Many men have great vision and wisdom for America. Ronald Reagan is clearly one of my heroes. I consider him the greatest American leader of my time. I would delight in the day that we could elect another person to the presidency that has his leadership and communication skills; regardless of the political party. I want to see a leader! It doesn't look great for 2008 at this point. I truly believe the Republicans have the strongest candidates. Would I support a Republican? I would without hesitation. Just give me a strong leader who is willing to represent outstanding ethics in the office, protect the nation without biased, rebuild our standing in the world, recognize the domestic agenda, communicate with the people, and who will celebrate all that is great in America. The press can go on and on about all the marital affairs, divorces, etc, - I don't really give a rat's behind about all that - give me a leader!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home