Tuesday, December 04, 2007


..........have you seen this?
While in the Hanes Mall on Saturday, I saw one of these out in the commons area of the mall. I must not get to town very much; because, I hear they are fairly common now. Anyway, it's an electronics vending machine. You can buy headphones, ipods, etc. just by using the touch screen and about 2 million dollars on your debit/credit card. It sounds like a great idea for the consumer; but, there is a problem. As experienced by myself, if a woman who doesn't know what she wants gets to the touch screen ahead of you, be prepared to campout for a while. In the end, this won't be of any advantage at all unless you are the first to get there. It has many products and a lot of screens to go through. We opted to go right into the den of the beast for our electronics purchases - you got it, Best Buy. I hate Best Buy. Their sales reps are pushy; and if you have to ask for assistance, be prepared for them to attempt to make you feel stupid. No problem with our visits to electronics stores - my wife has a masters degree in technology. I'll just stand back and watch as she makes them realize that there is a reason they are working in retail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home