Tuesday, June 10, 2008


..........I hate this place!!!!
You can count the positive experiences that I've had at a WalMart on the fingers of one hand. First, the entire organization is a pawn of Chinese industry, and most of what they sell puts Americans out of manufacturing jobs. Do you remember when WalMart boasted of selling only American-made goods? Yes, it has been a long time ago, and was also prior to the death of Sam Walton. In my most recent experience, I went to WalMart yesterday to purchase a new set of tires for our Ford Explorer. Lisa found a set the day before. At that time, they only had four in stock. She asked if she could pay for them now and have them put on the next day. No, that would not work. She would have to take them with her at the time of purchase. At the time, she was driving a Toyota Camry. Enter me. I went to the store with the intention of a simple tire and oil change for my morning agenda. I drove around to the back of the store where the auto center is located. I went in the door and met my WalMart representative, after she was finished taking her break - I stood there at the counter while she finished a Coke, taking her own good time. When she finally waddled over to help me, I gave her the printout of the tire information that Lisa got the day before. She gets a queer look on her face as she accesses the computer, and then says; "The computer says we only have three of these tires." I said; "Yes, the other one was to come from display." She came back; "Oh, we can't sell the one on display. We'll have to order the other one." At that point, I knew my mission was going to be frustrating and incomplete. "When can you get them here"; I replied. After yelling a question to the one person working in the tire/oil change area, she told me that the truck may or may not run this week; and they never know when or how many tires are on each load. Even then, I still couldn't pay for and reserve a set of the tires. I stood there with a blank look on my face. She was beginning to ramble on and on about how it wasn't her problem, etc., etc. I stopped her and said; "Just let me out of here." She unlocked the door to the service area and I went on my way. WalMart is a corporation put in America to undermine anyone with the slightest sense of intelligence. WalMart is stupid. Stupid people work at WalMart. I will shop at WalMart only when it becomes absolutely necessary for me to do so. I hate WalMart. After leaving WalMart, I went to a local independent service station that offers tire service. I like this guy; but, I thought his prices would be way over what I wanted to pay. He tells me that he will order me a set of tires that are actually better than what I was going to get at WalHell, and the price was $2 per tire less. I am scheduled to get my new tires and oil change on Thursday.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Josh said...

i couldn't agree more. the walmart in provo was the worst store i've ever been in.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I think the success of WalMart has been merely from those of our society who, like the WalMart employees, are just stupid people with little or no standards at all. My problem always comes from going into a place like WalMart and expecting decent service from semi-intelligent people. In the end, it's my fault for having any expectations at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home