Thursday, June 12, 2008

..........the practice fields.

Let's begin with a short quiz:

Which is smarter?
1. A box of hair
2. A high school football coach?

If you guessed; "A box of hair", then you are correct.

Which is the most considerate?
1. A raging bull charging at a red cloak?
2. A high school football coach?

If you guessed; "A raging bull charging at a red cloak", then you are correct again.

Where am I going with this? It's time for the practice fields to be lined again. After the fiasco of last year, I told our idiot football coaches that they were to call me before they attempted to line the field. They did, at least, do that. Don't worry, they got their benefit from it - they don't have to do any of the hard work. You would think that a coach, who has 32 years of experience could lay out the corners and mark a practice field. Not the case here. The other guy can do it; but, his response is this; "Well, it doesn't really matter to us if the field is squared-off or not. We just need the lines for general reference." Translation: screw you, band director guy. We're the only ones that matter! With this set of circumstances, I got a two day notice that it had to be done or they would do it themselves. My reply; "I'll be there on Thursday morning to do it." Football coach response; "Sorry I won't be there to help you on Thursday morning, I have to go to Wilkesboro." So, I take my youngest daughter, Lauren, with me to the field at 10:00 AM to find the corners and put down some lines. When we get there, the football coach (remember, the guy who couldn't be there that morning), is on the field mowing! Damn it all! I went to the upper field to begin there, even though I hadn't planned on doing that field right now. Two hours later, we went to the lower field and worked on it. The whole job took a little over four hours to complete. The only satisfaction I have is that I know that it has been done correctly. Coaches are assholes who care only about themselves. I'll remember that when they want a "pep band" to cheer them on at those "important" conference games at other schools this season. I would probably teach longer than my 30 year term of service if it were not having to constantly deal with stupid, inconsiderate coaches. There probably are a couple of good high school coaches around - just not around me! Stupid coaches! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home