Tuesday, June 05, 2007


..........GOP debate.
Alright, I'm a nerd. I just watched all two hours of the GOP debate from NH on CNN. In my opinion, the Republicans just sank the Democratic battleship with their answers! Several things were as I had anticipated. One, it's Ronald Reagan's birthday. Several candidates referred to Reagan policy and how they would do as Reagan did if elected. I did, of course, like that. The Reagan legacy was not all about policy, but that of outstanding communication. When candidates were asked, "What was the biggest failure of the Bush Aministration?", the fact that little if any commuication had been used by the current administration, seemed to be a common theme. I've said that all along. I could have been more of a Bush supporter if he chose to communicate with me. On the few times that he tried, I was able to understand better what was going on and why. Immigration was a hot topic and the division was evident. John McCain is out of the race based on this issue alone. I thought the top three were: 1) Rudy Giuliani; 2) Mitt Romney; and 3) Mike Huckabee. Rudy has exposure by his high profile mayorship of NYC, and he will reach out to moderates and Dems. Mitt Romney has done some flip-flopping, but has some very good basic principals that I like. Mike Huckabee is articulate and communicates well. Who was the small woodland creature on the far right? It was the Rep. from TX - throw yourself on your sword tonight after the debate! Outside of the BOTEITG top three, the rest should drop out now and save their money, time, and efforts. I still look forward to Fred Thompson coming into the race. I will enjoy what he will bring to the debates. Just leave Newt in Georgia eating fried foods and womanizing. The next GOP debate will be on July 23. It will be interesting to see how many will survive until then. The GOP candidates offered something that the Cheney/Bush camp and the Democratic camp has not - some possible solutions for what can be done in Iraq. What a difference communication makes! Bush talks to Vladimir tomorrow - I hope he can pull that off without declaring war!
On a different note, Scooter Libby goes to jail for 2.5 years; at the hand of a Bush appointed judge. You're OK, judge - they would'nt dare fire you now. Now we debate presidential pardon. He'll be pardoned - right before Cheney/Bush leaves office. It will be too controversial for the GOP if it's done now. Scooter will serve some time. How do you like being the "Fall Guy", Scooter? I hope those whom he protected will reward him in the end. Scooter definitely "took one for the team". If he is guilty, he should serve the time; just like any of us would have to do. The law is for supposed to apply to us all, equally. Yes, yes, I know; Clinton did it, Clinton did it. If that's the case, he should have been in jail too! I don't support Clinton just because he's a Democrat.
I had a great time watching the debate. If I had to vote tomorrow; it would definitely be for one of the guys I saw tonight. The Dems don't have a candidate that would be good for America, and I recognize that. With that in mind, I will vote with the elephants!

3 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Rise said...

I liked Romney's optimism. And he had some really good answers and solutions. I didn't like McCain. Or Rudy. It didn't look like he learned anything from all those parochial schools he went to. I also watched Hannity and Colmes after the debate to see what they would say, and there was Fred Thompson. Talk about the "elephant in the room!" I like him too.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Josh said...

i caught two 15 min. clips during my breaks at work. i liked romney and guilliani. that preacher that got all the morals questions.. who is he? and ron paul sounds more like a western libertarian than a republican. mccain talking about how illegals are "god's children" really irked me.

i think one sentence in this post reminded me of those mad-libs i used to do in elementary school:

"Just leave [southern politician] in [southern state] eating fried food and womanizing."

now what else might go in the blanks? hehe

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful, you might have to change the name of your blog! As you would say, the force is pushing you in the "right" direction!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home