Thursday, January 31, 2008



..........another big step.
This parenting stuff is all well and good; but, it can also take a lot out of you! I have enjoyed nothing more in my life than raising my girls. Our oldest is off to college in the Fall. Wow, it seems like just yesterday that we were getting ready for our first day of kindergarten. She is a fine young woman who wants to become an elementary teacher like her mother. We have been looking for a college for a couple of years now. Just recently, Megan chose my alma mater, Lenoir-Rhyne College. Lenoir-Rhyne is a small, private, liberal arts college of only 1,500 students, and is supported by the Lutheran Church. Here is a picture of the Rhyne Building, where I had many of my classes. All of the older buildings have been renovated since I was there, and provide outstanding places to learn. I know this will be a great decision for our daughter; but, it's going to take its toll on mom and dad to see her leave. These big steps in life are often hard to deal with; but we can't always remain where we are completly comfortable with our lives. Our kids grow up, move on, and begin their own lives and families. While sad that she'll be leaving, I'm excited all at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home