Tuesday, February 05, 2008


..........this kind of crap is why I could never, ever return to the Republican Party!!!
As stated on an earlier post, Bush-Co will make cuts in the new budget on citizens who will find if difficult at best to fight back - the poor and elderly. And I don't care what any of the right-wing, Bush-lovin', nut-jobs say - it's the truth! Major cuts in Medicaid at a time when our domestic economy is in poor shape for the middle class and lower income brackets is nothing short of completely stupid. Oh, and let's not forget Medicare. Those cuts shouldn't be a problem either; because, the growth in our elderly population isn't getting any larger. I expected more cuts in education; and sure enough, we get those, too; except for the Pell Grants that we offer to the inner city schools. There will be no relief in No Child Left Behind - not even with budget cuts. Does anyone have any idea whatsoever how much useless spending has taken place because of that bill? Right now, and I confirmed this with some questions this morning, my wife is having to get another masters degree to continue her job as a librarian. We will spend hundreds of dollars each year, for several more years to come, so that she can have the degree and all the paper work will come out right. This is a person with 20+ years of teaching experience and a masters degree in educational technology. She has to get another degree so that she can check-out books to elementary kids? Yep, no child will be left behind - only a great nation! Save money by cutting money for the people who really need it - "that 'a boy", Repbulicans! I know this will make some readers mad, and I also know that you will immediately think that I'm not getting and/or telling the whole story. The truth of the matter is - these cuts are real, and will affect millions of people who need the assistance in some very tough economic times. If you can deny that - more power to ya'. Will the Democrats save us? Not necissarily. I'm not a flag-waving Democrat to the death! I'm also not brainwashed by a political party. I'm a middle class American who pays his taxes, works a government job, has two children, takes care of an elderly parent who needs Medicare to not hurt all the time, and is getting ready to send one child to college. As a working, middle class American; I also know that the burden of America is upon me and my type class. We're easy guys to hit, because we are used to doing the "right thing". My only weapon is my vote. I look forward to using it in such a way as to prevent another faux leader into the highest office in the land!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home