Friday, August 24, 2007

..........the first home game of the season.

Here we go - the first home game of the football season for the Huskies! We are going to perform our first field show selection tonight and play some "trash tunes" in the stands. There is so much to do today in the final preparation for tonight. I have one and one-half hour to get it all accomplished. Not only is the game tonight, but we have to have a brass ensemble ready for a special Veteran's Appreciation tomorrow. I hate it when someone calls me the week before something is to take place and asks; "Can you bring some of your students over with some entertainment music this weekend? We only need about twenty minutes of music." Does anyone out there know how long it takes to work-up twenty minutes of music with high school students. Lets not even mention the other logistics with having the group perform (buses, stands, chairs, clothes pins if it's outside). And what about just getting the students to work it into their schedules. In the twenty-five years I have taught school, I have learned that I should have everything planned and in print at least two months out. Even then, there will be problems in getting the students there. Well, it's for the veterans; and we will be there (a brass ensemble). I hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine will begin after 1:30 PM tomorrow (I also scheduled a Flag Corps and Percussion rehearsal for tomorrow 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM). I know, I know - quit whinning!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home