Monday, February 11, 2008

..........always listen to your mother!

The wind in nortwest North Carolina was brutal yesterday. We had gusts that topped 80mph at times during the afternoon. This is typical for us during the months of January - March. We had three sets of moveable bleachers destroyed at the high school, and there were downed trees and power lines all over the community. As a result, we had a two-hour delay on school this morning.

Now to my point.........After church yesterday, Lisa decided to go by the grocery store and shop for the upcoming work week. With our eldest daughter driving now, we have a total of four cars to get into the driveway. Lisa normally parks right beside a Bradford Pear tree. She returned home after shopping, parked in her usual spot, and we unloaded everything into the house. Right after coming back inside, my mom told me she thought it would be a good idea to move the Explorer over to the other side of the driveway. I didn't hesitate. I moved the Explorer and went downstairs to watch a documentary on how Egyptians may have moved two-ton blocks of stone with kites. About ten minutes later, my youngest daughter ran downstairs to proclaim that the tree had fallen. I went to look, and sure enough, it fell right where the Explorer was parked. Way to call it in the air, mom! Her comment probably saved us a couple of thousand dollars. On my way to school this morning, I went by Lowes and purchased a 16" chainsaw - wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home