Tuesday, February 05, 2008


..........let's save America one family at a time!
I do a lot of political bashing; but, the truth of the matter is, we can save America one family at a time. By that, I mean that we can make our family values be at the forefront of our lives. Just recently, my family was faced with a decision that was seemingly not very major; but, I felt the need to act for the welfare of my children. Most of you realize that sports on any level is more important that most anything in the lives of most people. I have taught school for many years, and I have always honored the "rule of thumb" not to schedule events on Wednesday evenings and on Sunday mornings and evenings as this is church time for many families. That rule is not much of an obsticle anymore. Our high school athletic conference regularly schedules games and matches on Wednesday's despite the impact on families. Tomorrow is the beginning of Lent for United Methodists, and we have a special church service aat 7:00 PM. Tomorrow is also a basketball game at home. My oldest daughter is a cheerleader, and is scheduled to be at that game. Upon seeing the schedule, I immediately called the cheerleading coach and informed her that my daughter would be at a church service during the game and would not be present. The beginning of Lent is important to our family and spiritual health. I also got on the phone to my pastor and told him about the situation and how this was becoming more of an issue each year. He agreed and told me that the local ministerial association was very close to drafting a letter in opposition to this kind of thing. Every time that we allow things that are important to our morals and our family to be overshadowed, we weaken American society. The only way we can fight back is to do it one family at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home