Friday, August 08, 2008



..........I'm getting more uneasy with this guy.
As we get closer to the election, Obama continues to push me further away with his ever changing positions on issues. The guy is running a political platform that is way too ultra-liberal and"win at all costs." His campaign resembles that of a high school kid running for student body president. It's not about the issues at hand and what he can do for the people as it is just winning by popularity. Is he a rock star or is he a leader? He changes his standards to "compromise" way to often to comfort me. For instance, the offshore drilling issue. He recently said he would endorse limited offshore drilling. He didn't accept some offshore drilling at all in the beginning. It was only after so many Americans said they would support it. I'm all for compromise to get something done rather than nothing done - don't get me wrong on that. The issue I have here is that offshore drilling was complete taboo for Obama when it was first mentioned. After you establish your standard, compromise has to be accompanied with an; "I was wrong about this before". And since when have we heard a politician admit wrong? Flip-flop doesn't even touch the tip of the iceberg with this "cat". He also runs on the platform of being the "first African-American President." He looks black; but, in truth, isn't he mixed race? Is not one parent Caucasian? I'm no full-blown Republican or Democrat. The truth is, I feel a little uncomfortable with both of these candidates; but, if we were to vote today, I would feel a great deal more secure in my decision to vote for John McCain. Change We Can Believe In? I'm not so sure about that. I really don't know what all that "change" is about right now. I'll have to admit that I was lured into his web of deceit in the beginning. I've posted several times about Obama and his personality and appeal to the people; but, when all is said and done, I'm sure glad my ability to reason took the front. I still get tired of hearing all the Republican smear and the use of "liberal this" and "liberal that" to make a stand. I sure hope that reason among the American people will take over and all this popularity with meet with its eventual fate of loss in the election.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Bennie said...

Great observations. Obie is just plumb dangerous!

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to have to change your blog to "Beware of the 'Donkey' on the Cover of Vogue...and every other news/media production in America".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home