Friday, September 15, 2006

..........why can't I trust my leaders and go with the flow?

Why can't I trust the people in charge? Is it the liberal media giants that all the Repulicans say control the news that I get? Fact is, there have been so many "incidents" in government that trust cannot be earned in a resonable amount of time. Example. Gas prices are going down at an alarming rate. I know, they found that big reserve of oil in the deep water of the Gulf of Mexico. So, that is what I'm being told is the reason for the low prices. The Alaskan pipeline is still not up to par. You mean to tell me that this reserve finding has offset the pipeline malfunction and has us that much over the top? I don't believe it for one minute! Knock, knock, knock. It's less than two months from the election!!! Republicans know they are in trouble - liberal media slant or not - they are in trouble! The oil business has not been kind to the American people, and the people are sick of it!

Why don't I trust the President? Well, you could say the media told me not to; or, you could look at some facts. This President has the greatest media machine at his disposal in the history of civilization and he won't use it to communicate. I listened to the speech on September 11 (the one that was not political), and I couldn't remember the last time I saw him address the country. He seems to hide from us for some reason. President Ronald Reagan was a Republican, and I voted for him twice. Now you know that I am a strong Democrat; but, Ronald Reagan made America want to succeed by his communication. I like that. I like the fact that he was willing to communicate. This President is the absolute worst communicator that I have ever known! Comfortable in front of the camera or not, you have to communicate with your people on a regular basis.

It makes me feel guilty when I don't trust my leaders. The only thing that I can do is write to them and vote. I hope America is smart enough to make the necessary changes when the time arises. It's clear from the elections - America wants some moderation from both the Left Wing and the Right Wing politicians. I want someone who will tell me like it is, and then propose a course of action that I can get behind.

Leadership is tough. You have to make decisions and you have to defend your position almost constantly. Good leadership is willing to admit when things don't work; and, be willing to do something to make it right. Often, the original plan will not work. With honesty, trust will develop and support will be given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home