Friday, October 27, 2006

..........eleven days until the election!!!

Alright, so the mid-term elections will be held in eleven days. I always dread elections. There are the phases of the election process that are such a PITA. Phase I are the ads that tell us what the candidates themselves hope to accomplish if we offer them our vote. Ironically, this seems to be the shortest of the election phases. With most election speeches and ads, many of these goals cannot be accomplished by the person I am voting for because the objective is way too broad. I'm sure that is the plan. After the election the candidate can say, "yes, I've been working toward that." Phase II (we are in this phase now) is the "mudslinging" phase. This is the part that I don't listen to at all. I would rather see an "E True Hollywood Story" based on the life and times of Lorne Greene than to watch these ads. Only the really, really, stupid people in our society listen to these ads - no matter which side of the isle you are on! If you are an informed and responsible voter, you should be able to research and know your candidates well enough to offer your support. During Phase II, you also see constant predictions by the news folks about what it will mean to America if this person wins over this person - again, spare me. Phase III is the election aftermath. This is where all the candidates who lost are interviewed and asked, "what went wrong?" I could care less about the reasons "why". After the elections take place, I am ready to have the newly elected take the ball and run! At this point, I'm after results from my vote! Well, I'll probably get dissapointed. This is the point where the newly elected will submit to their respective party and vote along those lines. Yada, yada, yada......

Everyone (media, etc.) is either expecting or trying to oust the Republicans. The idea of "conservative" has been compromised by the current Republican administration. I heard a report just yesterday (from a Conservative) stating how the conservative ideals have been everything but that with this administration. Conservatives like small government - the government has grown by 33% during this administration, and that's not all due to 9/11 and the War on Terriorism/Iraqi Freedom. This administration is not "taking care of business" for all Americans - it has sold it's soul to the Fundamentalist Movement and big business. "Pork barrel" projects are at an all time high. The deficit is going out of control. The Republicans may not be able to win elections with their stance on abortion, gays, and favoritism to big business much longer - America is tired of the double standards - America is ready for some commitment to the middle class. One tax cut - that's all I got as a member of the middle class. That tax cut was quickly wiped out by the price of gas/fuel and everything that those prices effect. The war? I don't know if I even want to mention that. What a blunder!!! Poor, poor, intelligence at best has killed too many Americans and ruined too many American families. Who do I blame the most? Well, not the President - I don't think he is capable of the thought necessary for a war - Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney should answer for these mistakes. I can't believe that anyone could support these fossils!!! "Stay the Course"!!! - no longer a popular phrase for re-election purposes; because, there is no course - there is only reaction to the daily disasters of poor policy and planning. Liberal media, liberal media, liberal media - that can be shouted from the highest mountain; but, the end result is poor strategy, poorly trained Iraqis who can't protect their own country, and dead Americans! I'm ranting - sorry about that. Anyway, the elections are only eleven days away - vote, vote, vote!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home