Thursday, October 12, 2006

..........I really feel fortunate.

I pride myself on being observant of my surroundings. My constant phrase in teaching my students is, "pay attention to detail". That came straight from my Army experience; but, it's good training for teenagers. So much of my work is finding the problems with things and trying to fix them, that I often lose sight of what is great in my life. I am very fortunate, and I've had a fortunate life.

I'll start with my parents. These two people brought me into the world, cared for me, always made me feel wanted, helped me when I was down, and celebrated with me when things went well. I will never forget the many things they gave to me. As a tribute to my parents, I will try to do the same for my children. My parents never asked for anything in return. I can only hope that I can show my appreciation and respect for all they have done for me and my family.

Next, is my education. I went all the way through the public education system, and continued into college where I recieved my undergraduate degree. I have used my acquired skills to obtain a great job as a high school teacher. I am fortunate to have a job, and I give thanks. My wife and I are able to support our family without any outside help at all. It's easy to concentrate on the bad and irratating stuff that happens on the job, and even easier to lose track of what is going well. At the risk of sounding too "perky", my job is going great. I can easily control how well it will go with my own attitude.

I have a great relationship with God. How many people can say that? I am able to talk to God whenever I want - to give thanks - to ask for help and guidance - to ask Him to help someone else. I feel so very fortunate that my family and friends led me to God. I am able to direct our church choir. These are truly wonderful people who always let me know how much they care about me and my family. I also have a great realationship with a very good musician and friend, Michael. He plays piano and organ at the church, and always helps me with the choir.


I live in a beautiful community. The Appalachian Mountains of Western North Carolina is a place that is beyond beauty throughout the year. I never miss the opportunity to just look and enjoy. We live on the New River, which is always a beautiful site. I feel so fortunate to be surrounded by such beauty.

I save one of the most cherished parts of my fortunate life for last, my wife Lisa. She is the strength in our family. She is certainly the most mature member of the family. Lisa is the true love, and soul mate of my life. I know that many people can't say that about their spouse. She is everything that I could ever desire in a woman. I love her dearly, and I feel so fortunate to share my life with her.

My life is great! If I hit any snags along the way, I can surely move over them. I have so many things to be thankful for in this life, and I am fortunate. Praise God for all He has given to me!

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed that! It's so nice to hear something positive in a world that thrives on negativity. After all, no matter the situation in your life, there is always someone who is worse off. I could've been born in the dark jungles of Africa and starved to death by age 6, but I'm blessed enough to call America my home, so what could I complain about? Thanks, I needed that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home