Wednesday, October 04, 2006

..........duck and cover!!!!

Duck and cover there has been a baaaad Congressman, and he is a Republican this time!!! Now, those of you who are Republican sympathizers are probably not wanting to read any further; but, rest assured, I am not going after this latest scandal as you would think. Sure, ex-Congressman Foley has been bad; but, do we need to "beat this 'ole dog to death"? Foley is defending himself, saying, "I have a problem". Yes, ex-Congressman, you really do; and it should be fear of the justice system. The Republicans are doing huge damage control and the Democrats are on the hunt, looking for a kill! Who am I most upset with here? Yes, you guessed it, the Democrats. Is that the answer you expected? I bet not. I am most disturbed that the Democrats are using this to further themselves this close to the elections. That shows a lack of character of the highest magnitude. Do whatever is necessary to get yourself ahead. Not a good plan. This is such a good opportunity for the Democrats to use a little sympathy (for the victims) and show some dignity. I expect none of that from them. The news media and the Democrats alike will bash this until we are sick to death of the whole thing. My suggestion - send the justice system after him. Let them handle it like they would anyone else. The heck with damage control - he was wrong - don't defend him and "his problems"; and don't beat it and beat it for personal and party gain. He is a sick individual who needs to answer to the laws of the land and receive some help with those problems. I would call on both parties to show some dignity. Enough of that!

Wow, gas prices are down ($2.17 in East Jefferson this AM), the DOW is up, and I'm loving it! I never thought the thought of paying $2.17 for a gallon of Raghead-juice (mid-Eastern slander) would be a happy event. At any rate, things seem to be looking up and I don't care who is responsible. I won't even entertain the thought of who takes credit for it. Heck, maybe some of it is my doing. I go to work every day and pay my taxes. Maybe the responsible Euro-American that I am is finally paying off for everyone - maybe there are more out there like me. I'm sure some politicians will come back and tell me it is their plan that made it all possible. Blah, Blah, Blah, on them. You know, America is a prosperous place. We can do most anything we want to with effort. There are plenty of jobs out there - you just have to want to work. Everyone can't hold-out for mangagement. Get off those government plans and work! People will pay you for your efforts. I don't make near the amount of money based on the number of hours and effort that I put into my work; but, I have a job, and I am part of this American prosperity. I don't whine about the hours. I just do what is necessary for success. I'm a salary worker - that means I work until the job gets done. I bet my teachers' union would love that statement. I am always thankful that my parents valued me getting an education (both high school and college). It was definitely the success of my family that put me in the right direction. I can never repay the debts to my parents for their guidance. I will try by doing the same for my children. Hey, what a plan - nurture your own kids and the society will prosper! Maybe I should be in government? I know, that plan will take some responsibility on the part of parents - it will never work. How could you think of yourself enough and still raise responsible kids? That was very sarcastic; but you know it's true. Well, goodbye for now. Beware of the Elephant in Tall Grass has a big marching band contest to host this weekend, and there is much to do. Next week I plan to take another big step on the blog - pictures!!! I know you can hardly wait.

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm quite impressed with your statements in this particular post. I'm also quite glad to see that you don't support Hitler...I mean Hillary Clinton's theory that "it takes a village to raise a child". I'm not a parent, but hope to be someday. With my kids, I hope to make them better citizens by instilling in them values and morals, taught in the home, mind you, not in the school system. You truly are coming over to the dark side...isn't the fence more comfortable?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home