Tuesday, February 27, 2007


..........if a label is necessary, then I'll take this one.
I was listening to Bob and Sheri as I drove to work this morning. Bob made a statement that I thought was pretty profound this morning. I've posted about it before, and I still believe it. Bob said. "is it aganist the law to be in the middle? Why do I have to be labeled either a flaming liberal or a neo-conservative?" Being on the left or the right does not allow us to be free thinkers. There is propaganda on both ends of the right and left scale that exclude the moderates. The moderates are considered turncoats by both sides. It's as if we were from Canada or something. There are dangerous opinions on both the far right and left that could have dramatic effects on America. Is compromise bad? Is compromise abandoning principles? I think that compromise is the only way to solve problems and gain respect. Americans need compromise. We can't continue a nation polarized between right and left fanaticism. I know that many will disagree with me. The whole, "if you're not with us, then you're aganist us", theory is so very out-of-touch with common sense. I tend to go off to the left wing when I am attacked by the right wingers. What we fail to realize is this is what they, the politicians, want. They want us to fight among ourselves - it's great job security for them. Being in the middle is not so shocking. The middle is where our strength can lie. We could unite with some compromise and work toward some common goals. There are some issues that will never be resolved, and will always polarize to some degree. Some direct opposite debate is good - all direct opposite debate is bad for America.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home